Tuesday, March 1, 2011

This Not That

As part of an assignment for my painting class, we were asked to go see one of the films that were shown at the 8th Annual Reel Artists Festival at the TIFF Bell Lightbox. Initially, my choice for the film was solely based on timing. Given the crappy weather on Saturday, I had missed the film discussing China as growing empire for contemporary art. Instead, I was able to attend the Canadian premiere of This Not That: The Artist John Baldessari. I am immensely satisfied after this documentary. Everything about him; whether it was his technique or his philosophy were really interesting. I was glad that this assignment pushed me to get out there. I am definitely planning on attending more of these next year. I was somewhat disappointed I had missed the one about Ai Wei Wei and Wanda Koop.

My absolute favourite piece Baldessari piece:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers